Blog Response 4

Akira Kurosawa- Composing Movement
- This video touched on a lot of things I don't normally think about when I am watching a scene. I especially liked the part where they touched on conveying emotions through the backgrounds of a scene. For instance, a blazing fire behind someone who is mad.

Satoshi Kon- Editing Space & Time
- I found it cool that there are so many ways to transition between seen and show that time as past, a few of these being a black screen, zooming out of a TV, and showing the same seen at different time periods. I especially like the techniques that keep the viewers guessing.

F for Fake (1973)- How to Structure a Video Essay
- I never knew that you  should have two things going and when you get to the peak interest of the other you switch to the other and let that one build to keep things interesting. Now that I think about it thats how a lot of movies are structured in order to avoid the boring and predictable "and then."

Lynne Ramsay- The Poetry of Details
- When I think of a poetic film I think of sound and pictures and something with little dialogue. I love how they touched on the fact that details are keys in such films. I specifically like the example of the absent father and how we learn that although the son looks up to his dad and despises his mother, we never see the fathers face which allows us to figure out on are own that he isn't a very present figure.

Comments