Project 1 - Exploring The Woods

 
  1. How do you feel about the overall outcome of this piece in relation to your art making process? I'm really happy with how my piece turned out in the end and I'm glad I decided to stick with use of maps even though I was stuck at a standstill at one point during the process. 
  2. In what way did you integrate your personal art practice into this project? I integrated my personal art into this piece by using a self portrait I made of charcoal as the focal point.
  3. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? I challenged myself creatively by honing in on an important aspect of my life and turning it into something visual. Conceptually, it took me a while to figure out what part of my identity I wanted to focus on so I had to dig deep and go back to the past to figure out which parts of my life have played a huge role in who I am today. Technically, I challenged my self by using new tools and changing the opacity to integrate multiple photos in my piece and add to the composition without having things look out of place. 
  4. Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough? At first I had a hard time figuring out what I could add to my piece without making it look to busy or un aesthetically pleasing but once I realized that changing the opacity and messing with color can make a huge difference it became much easier to make additions to my piece. 
  5. Reflect on the project critique: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not. The feedback I received was helpful and reassuring because earlier I was unsure about including the tree roots in my piece but everyone seemed to agree that it added more to the composition and that I could have probably gone even further with that concept. 
  6. Please share any other thoughts. It was cool seeing everyone's take on this project and how different each piece was from one another.   

Comments